Who we are
Founded in 1848, P&TLuxembourg is the number one telecom operator in Luxembourg. The P&TLuxembourg Group employs 3,457 persons, of which around 920 in Telecommunications. This makes it, in terms of employment, the 5th biggest company in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. In 2008, the P&TLuxembourg Group recorded a total turnover of more than 556 Million Euro and the Telecommunications Division a turnover of 349 Million Euro. P&TLuxembourg is a financially sound and stable company. It has no debt and is profitable (after taxes, interest and D&A).
Despite fierce competition, P&TLuxembourg managed to remain the operator with the biggest market share for the various Telecommunication services. For instance, P&TLuxembourg's market share in Internet services is over 70%. In fixed voice services, P&TLuxembourg has a market share of 85% and a population coverage of nearly 100%. The network digitalization rate is 100%. In GSM, through the LUXGSM network that has been in operation since 1993, P&TLuxembourg has a market share of nearly 60%.
P&TLuxembourg is present in different markets through its subsidiaries and partnerships. Its main subsidiaries, active on the Telecommunications market, are : LUXGSM S.A. (mobile operator), eBRC (Datacenter, Managed Services and resilience), Netcore (network integrator), P&TConsulting (information and communication technology consultancy), Visual Online (Internet services), Eltrona.
P&TLuxembourg, the preferred fixed and mobile operator
Luxembourg has evolved into one of the leading financial centres in the world that resulted in exceptionally high requirements and expectations for P&TLuxembourg. Today P&TLuxembourg is the preferred fixed and mobile operator in the financial sector and the industry in Luxembourg. It is known for its high service availability and quality, its flexibility and best price-performance ratio. Being a relatively small company, P&TLuxembourg is able to react swiftly and in a flexible way.
Due to the high number of internationally operating companies in Luxembourg that require internationalservices, P&TLuxembourg has established a number of co-operations with various international operators. P&TLuxembourg staff are continuously working on extending and improving cooperation in order to provide the best services.
Gaining the trust of its customers, P&TLuxembourg recently won, for the third year running, the "Best Telecom Services Provider" award.
TERALINK is investing in tomorrow's infrastructure.
P&TLuxembourg builds and operates one of the most innovative European IP-networks offering customers data and Telecommunications solutions and services by providing connections to Europe's foremost Telecommunication and carrier hotels.
P&T Subsidiaries and Partnerships
P&TLuxembourg, leader in communication services for businesses with the most complete product range on the Luxembourgish market, is best placed to meet its customer requirements, offering them solutions that make life easier for them. P&TLuxembourg has been a forerunner in hi-tech for many years and is constantly looking for ways to provide the best technical and commercial solutions to its customers. To achieve this, P&T has diversified by adding external added-value activities to its portfolio through its subsidiaries.
- LUXGSM: LUXGSM is the leading mobile telephony operator in Luxembourg with over 350,000 customers, equivalent to a market share of over 60%. Thanks to its technical collaboration with the P&T Group, LUXGSM offers the latest mobile technologies such as HSDPA, Blackberry, Microsoft and Intellisync push-mail solutions and mobile television.
- Netcore: Thanks to its majority shareholding in Netcore S.A., P&T is active in the network infrastructure market and in the field of telephony over IP. Managed Services is one of the specific areas where P&T and Netcore collaborate.
- Editus Luxembourg S.A.: Editus S.A. provides the public with free, quality access to practical information (phone book, yellow pages, web directory, etc.). Companies can also promote themselves and obtain useful contacts with this service.
- Visual Online S.A.: Visual Online S.A. is one of the most renowned Internet and Voice over IP service providers in Luxembourg with its own international redundant backbone and Colocation infrastructure, operating Tier Level 2 and Tier Level 4 Datacenters, and distributing it through its www.colocation-center.com platform. Visual Online S.A. is also a Domain name registrar for most of TLDs through its www.dns-stock.com platform.
- P&T Consulting S.A.: P&T Consulting S.A. is a technology editor and integrator, with acknowledged skills in two areas: technical infrastructure management systems and mobility technologies.
- Eltrona Interdiffusion S.A.: The main activity of Eltrona Interdiffusion S.A. is the broadcasting of analogue and digital television channels and radio stations via its Imagin network hub. Eltrona is also active in multimedia projection and presentation equipment, automation and control systems and in the sale of alarm systems.
- eBRC: Certified “Professional of the Financial Sector”, eBRC offers state-of-the-art, coherent and flexible Business Resilience solutions including consulting activities, project management and IT, security and infrastructure co-management.
eBRC operates four interconnected data centres, with high speed connectivity owing to TERALINK network, and the largest telehouse in Luxembourg.
eBRC complete range of services is based on Business Continuity solutions -providing our clients with dynamic “business as usual” solutions- and Business Agility solutions -giving our clients flexible and agile “on-demand” ICT managed solutions.
- VBS: VBS offers distribution services for confidential information in hard copy or electronic format for the financial industry in Europe and holds a leading position in the Luxembourgdomiciled investment fund industry.
- TNT Express Luxembourg S.A.: TNT Express Luxembourg S.A. offers all types of goods transport and express courier services and related services.
- Michel Greco S.A.: Michel Greco S.A. specialises in express courier and small volume delivery and transport. It is a leader on the national market and offers a wide range of services tailored to its customers’ needs.
- Infomail S.A.: Infomail S.A. markets and packages all types of printed material and advertising media. Infomail is known mostly for its I-mail product, unaddressed advertising material distributed to all letterboxes nationwide.
- RTL: The partnership between P&T and RTL, the leading radio and TV provider in Luxembourg, has led to a range of flagship products and services in Luxembourgish on the rtl.lu website, the sponsoring of the televised magazine Planet RTL and the provision of national content for P&T Infotel services.
- Western Union: Through P&T’s partnership with Western Union, our customers can benefit from a reliable money transfer system in over 200 countries which is quick and simple to use.
- VISA: Through its partnership with VISA, P&T offers VISA Classic, VISA Luxair/Airplus and easy, the first prepaid rechargeable VISA card, with all the resulting benefits available to customers in most countries around the world.